Strom Plumbing P0398 Free Standing Tub Supply Lines
The installation instructions provided below are for the P0398 free standing tub supply lines and the P0402 free standing gooseneck faucet.
We are providing general guidelines for a standard installation as we
cannot account for the individuality of the site or items you may be
For American Bath Factory Acrylic Tubs – use silicon to install fixtures to tubs and always refer to owners manual for installation.
most important tool to use when installing a faucet and supply lines is
a licensed plumber. Most manufacturers will not accept warranty claims
on items not installed by a licensed plumber.
- 1/2" Tubing cutter
- Strap wrench
- Smooth jawed pipe wrench
- Thread Sealant
(Teflon tape or liquid form) - Liquid thread sealant should not be used
for installation on supercoated brass. If used, the item will not be
covered under the manufacturer's warranty. The manufacturer recommends
using teflon tape on the threaded connections.
- Tape Measurer
- To accept the ½ " male supplies in this kit, the floor connection should be ½ " IPS female at the finished floor, or just below the finished floor.
- Supply assembly pictured from rough in to the valve.
a liberal amount of thread sealant (Teflon tape for supercoated brass)
to shorter end of threaded section of valve nipple.
- Tighten valve end with o-ring to valve nipple.
- Place allen wrench into allen opening and strap wrench to tighten valve end to nipple until tightened.
valve lock nut onto assembly facing where valve will attach then slide
escutcheon and floor plate onto assembly as shown.
- Using allen wrench tighten valve assembly to rough in and tighten with allan wrench into floor.
- Slide wall bracket ring up the supply line.
- Add thread sealant to valve side of thread and attach valve to supply and tighten with strap wrench and smooth jawed wrench.
- Add thread sealant to faucet side of supply.
- Slide on the faucet lock nut.
- Install the faucet end, tightening with allan wrench.
- Then, set aside with valve nipple.
- Hand tighten wall bracket end to wall bracket nipple.
- Mount to room wall with enclosed screws.
- Note: No specific height for wall bracket except that it has to be below the bend and above the valve.
- Assemble valve and supply line to wall bracket.
- Hand-tighten valve lock nut then tighten 1/4 turn with smooth jawed wrench.
- Tighten wall bracket ring to wall nipple/brace.
- Hand tighten lock nut washer on supplies to faucet and tighten a 1/4 turn.
- Thread sealant applied to spout and hand-tighten into faucet body.
- Attach handshower cradle basket with enclosed washer to faucet body inlet.
- Add washers to handshower hose, 1 washer to each end.
- Add handshower onto large nut end of hose.
- Attach small lock nut side of hose into cradle inlet. Hand tighten a 1/4 turn using the smooth jawed pipe wrench.
handle attachments, remove screws from the faucet body valves
(handshower diverter, Hot and Cold) (Note the red washer for hot, blue
washer for cold) and attach appropriate handles with screws.
- Do the same for the Hot and Cold shut off valves located toward the bottom of the supply lines.
- Note you will probably have extra pieces (not needed) as shown in picture.