Strom Plumbing P0011 Double Offset Supply Lines without Shut-off Valves
The installation instructions provided below are for the Strom Plumbing P0011 double offset supply lines and the Cheviot C32200 wall mounted leg tub faucet.
Please Note: We are providing general guidelines for a standard installation as we cannot account for the individuality of the site or items you may be working with.
For American Bath Factory Acrylic Tubs – use silicon to install fixtures to tubs and always refer to owners manual for installation.
- The most important tool to use when installing a faucet and supply lines is a licensed plumber. Most manufacturers will not accept warranty claims on items not installed by a licensed plumber.
- 1/2" Tubing cutter
- Smooth jawed pipe wrench
- Straight-jaw channel locks (pliers)
- Plumber's putty
- Tape Measurer
- Rough in 1/2" male IPS with 1/2" of threads above the finished floor on 8" centers.
- Place the escutcheon plate over the rough-ins. Note: the compression nuts will be underneath the escutcheon onto the rough-in.
- Place a ¼” bead of plumber’s putty in the escutcheons. (Please note: The escutcheons are adjustable)
- Place faucet nipples into the faucet holes.
- Place the rubber washers, steel washers and locknuts on the back of the faucet nipples. Hand tighten the lock nuts.
- Place fiber washers on the faucet.
- Attach the faucet to the swing arms.
- Handtighten the locknuts and then use the smooth jawed pipe wrench to tighten the lock nuts a quarter turn.
- Use the smooth jawed pipe wrench to tighten the jam nuts a quarter turn.
- Screw the hand shower cradle onto the faucet.
- Use the smooth jawed pipe wrench to tighten the lock nut.
- Remove the excess plumber’s putty.
- Place washers on both ends of the hose.
- Screw the hand shower onto the hose.
- Screw the hose onto the faucet and tighten using the straight-jaw channel locks (pliers).
- Place the handshower on the cradle.
- To attach the supply lines you will first need to measure the length. In order to find out this measurement you will need to measure from the base of the escutcheon to the center of the faucet nipple.
- Then measure from the floor to the top the escutcheon. From this measurement you will want to add ½”.
- Subtract measurements from line 17 and line 18 and you will have your overall length.
- Mark the measurement on the supply lines.
- Use a ½” tubing cutter to cut to size.
- Slide the lock nut that attaches to the faucet nipple onto the supply line and place the washer at the tip of the supply line.
- Slide the compression lock nut and the supply washer to the bottom of the supply line.
- Screw the 1/2" compression lock nut to the ½” threads above finished floor.
- Screw the lock nut at the top of the supply line to the faucet nipple.
- Hand tighten the lock nut a 1/4 turn using the smooth jawed pipe wrench.
- Repeat on the opposite side.